Change Manner of Thinking
My shadow assures no infection of psycho-analyzation or brain biology may comprehend the random combinations within chaos where impulse trigger reaction trigger impulse, but that does not mean no one is not trying.
My Shadow reminds the Rules of War have changed.
Chaos as The Lizard Brain
The Lizard Brain, my shadow explains, exists for all things Chaos.
Chaos is the cradle of all things emotion, addiction, mood, and "other" mental and emotional.
When Neuroanatomists discovered the limbic cortex in 1954, the Lizard Brain awakened the shadows of modern civilization through Synergetic massage and manipulation.
Retreat further into the recesses of time to 1930 when the shadow of Walt Disney conspired to infect the collective conscience through the meshwork of synergetic marketing. The word Synergy literally means "working together." Synergy combines forces to work for the creation of the whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.
As applied to marketing strategy, success of marketing strategy requires recognition that consumers have differing impressions about businesses or products. Differences in impression, opinions reside within the cradle of all things emotion, addiction, mood, and "other" mental and emotional.
One size, one sign, one advertisement does not fit all. The wide net cast by synergetic marketing snags the warys, unwary and clue less alike through psychology and color which work together to influence the chaotic imaginings of the Lizard Brain.
Synergetic marketing targets Chaos to persuade purchasing decisions.
Nothing is off limits.
One or all of these tactics employed.
- Mood Colors
- Reverse Psychology
Stage is set
My Shadow would remand visiting shadows to peruse the timeline of a representative portion of the fast food invasion upon the planet:
Fast Quick Food Restaurants
|1921||White Castle First fast food drive in restaurant|
|1930||Disney develops "marketing synergy," merchandising toward sale to children|
|1946||Dwarf Grill (Chick-fil-A)|
|1952||Kentucky Fried Chicken|
|1955||McDonald's Corporation founded partnership between Ray Kroc and the McDonald brothers.|
|1962||Taco Bell and Subway|
|1963||The Pepsi Generation" kicks off the cola wars.|
|1968||McDonald's restaurant franchises exceed 1000 in the USA.Sales exceed one billion burgers.|
|1972||McDonald's introduces Egg McMuffin|
|1948||The Kraft Television Theater." as television enters American homes|
|1967||Fritos Corn Chips Frito Bandito voiced by Speedy Gonzalas Mel Blanc|
|1963||McDonald's sponsored the children’s television show, Bozo’s Circus Ronald MacDonald, slogan “billion served”|
|1961||Chick-fil-a invents pressure-fryer that cooks chicken sandwich in the same amount of time as a hamburger.|
|1972||McDonald's Egg McMuffin|
|1977||Burger King partners with Lucasfilm to promote Star Wars|
|1979||McDonald’s Happy Meal, 8,000 children's playgrounds at its US restaurants.|
|1984||Wendy's "Where's the beef?"|
|1996||Disney partners with McDonald's - link products|
|1999||MTV TV debuts frenetic videos and change the nature of commercials.|
|1993||Colorado Springs starts a nationwide trend allows school districts to advertise/promote fast food products on school premises.|
|1997||"Taco Bell Chihuahua" mascot for the Taco Bell restaurant chain from 1997 to 2000.|
|1998||Godzilla advert stars Taco Bell Chihuahua.|
|2005||US House of Reps protect fast food from litigation by individuals who claim obesity connection with fast food consumption.|
|2005||Carl's Jr. bikini-clad Paris Hilton writhes on an expensive luxury car while enjoying a large burger|
The Lizard brain
As the concept of contrary is my shadow, the Lizard brain, my shadow insists, is not the problem, nor the tyranical beast of synergetic marketing of which the annoying, obnoxious and insidious malicious massage, the prying and prodding of chaos is eternally fond for the shadow craves the challenge, the opportunity to heave chaos upon Control.
Chaos, my shadow reminds may not be not controlled, it can only be managed through the "Other."
Synergenic Marketing Defense System (SMDS)
The War between Chaos and Control
My Shadow promises soon to describe the Other.
Here's a nice graphic from the scientificamerican site on how we see
Life in the fat lane
Since the War on Fat began, in the 1980's, Obesity rates have doubled.
For the past 100 years fast food marketing has worked to infect our lizard brains.
Food marketing targets vunerabilities and manipulates through psychology and color to break down defense mechanisms – The Lizard brain Virus.
We don't need no stinkin War on Fat, we need upgrades to our brain's internal security programs.
The Definition of FAT:
- Too Flabby
- The best or Most Rewarding Part (1560)
But we are more than just Fat
We are infected with a brand new "disease," thanks to fast-food and marketing, with what is now called Morbidly Obese.
The "Internet" defines Morbid thusly:
Treatments, Advice, Myths and Legends
Per the "Internet"
Weight the Truth, Facts, What Works
vs Steaminng Pile of Excuses
Advice World Wide Web:
As Per the Internet
Our all time favorite claim is - To “qualify” for weight loss surgery you must be considered morbidly obese.
And then there are the odd-ball, whackadoo theories about shower curtains: Vinyl plastic compound tributyltin (TBT) in shower curtains can trigger obesity for three generations.
Myth: Chronic Condition for which there is no cure
False – People can and do lose weight
Myth: To be so fat your life has no worth
Myth: Blame your genes
Between 1980 and 2000, the number of obese people doubled – too fast for genetics to be solely responsible. (see 1970's)
Myth: No self control
Ignores external stimilus influences. Personal resolve ignores how how surroundings and mental states determine what/how people eat.
Myth: Too sedentary lifestyle
People can and do lose weight without exercise. We consume 500 more calories per day now than in the late 1970s before obesity rates accelerated. We eat the equivalent of Thanksgiving feasts twice a week.
Myth: Curable through education on diet and nutrition
A 2012 Hopkins study discovered 60 % (6 out of 10) doctors and nurses today are overweight or obese. Nearly 70% of U.S. adults are overweight or obese. We ask, If people who provide health care cannot control their weight, why would nutrition education alone make a difference for others?
Myth: Lack of access to fresh fruits and vegetables
People ignore choices. Junk-food marketing dominates in convenience stores and supermarkets.
Myth: Eligible for Gastric surgery
Permanent tether to expensive customized health care and can regain weight
--> Chapter 2
Marriage of Market Synergy and Fast Food
1930 Walt Disney develops the concept of "Market Synergy". Signed agreements with dozens of companies granting rights to use Micky Mouse on products and in advertising. When the 1938 Snow White movie debut Disney had signed 70 liscencing deals prior to the film's release. Books, snacks, clothing, lunch boxes and records sold prior to the movie debut.
Begins marketing directly to children with promotions and placement of of Disney products. Pioneered the fine art of licensing of Mickey Mouse and other Disney related merchandise for sale to children.
Synergy: working together
The creation of a whole that is greater than the simple sum of its parts.
Stage is set
Synergy in marketing happens when two marketing strategies combine to achieve a greater sales impact. The success of marketing strategy is based upon the notion that consumers require different approaches about a business or a product before making a decision to purchase. Attractive company names and logos are unique but simplistic methods of marketing these days. Multiple strategies such as print and visual media combined with logo and attractive naming better penetrates the market and makes the unwary consumer a sitting duck.
The War on Fat People
(AKA The Obesity Epidemic) Those pesky experts say “between the years 1980 and 2002, obesity prevalence doubled in adults aged 20 years or older." Emphasis focuses on the 1980s as the pivotal point in the history of the obesity epidemic…or obesity pandemic as some reports now declare.
Which leads us into creating the:
Synergenic Defense System SDS
A Timeline of Fast Food Growth
Fast Food developed along side technology as more women entered the workforce the need for easily prepared and quick meals came into play. And play they have. With our minds, health, hearts and souls all open and fair game for targeting.
Since 1980 children are primary focus for marketing products. Fast and quick food is among the most heavily advertised sectors of the United States economy 4.2 billion dollars on advertising in 2012.
Timeline of Fast Food
- 1921 White Castle First fast food drive in restaurant
- 1930 Disney develops "marketing synergy," merchandising toward sale to children
- 1940 McDonalds founded
- 1946 Dwarf Grill Chick-fil-A
- 1948 "The Kraft Television Theater." as television enters American homes
- 1952 Kentucky Fried Chicken
- 1954 Burger King
- 1955 McDonald's Corporation founded partnership between Ray Kroc and the McDonald brothers.
- 1958 Pizza Hut
- 1962 Taco Bell and Subway
- 1963 The Pepsi Generation" kicks off the cola wars.
- 1967 Fritos Corn Chips Frito Bandito voiced by Speedy Gonzalas Mel Blanc
- 1968 McDonald's restaurant franchises exceed 1000 in the USA.Sales exceed one billion burgers.
- 1969 Wendy's founded
- 1972 McDonald's introduces Egg McMuffin
- 1963 McDonald's sponsored the children’s television show, Bozo’s Circus which created Ronald MacDonald, and the slogan “billion served”
- 1961, 15 years Dwarf Grill re-packaged as Chick-fil-a and demonstrated their fryer that could cook a chicken sandwich in the same amount of time as a fast-food hamburger.
- 1979 brought in the Happy Meal today McDonald’s operates more than 8,000 children's playgrounds at its US restaurants.
- 1976, McDonald's reached 20 billion hamburgers. Sales exceed $3 billion. Enter the Egg McMuffin in 1972 when market research showed a quick breakfast welcomed by consumers.
- 1984 Wendy's "Where's the beef?"
- 1999 MTV TV debuts frenetic videos that change the nature of commercials.
- 1993Colorado Springs starts a nationwide trend allows school districts to advertise/promote fast food products on school premises.
- 1997 "Taco Bell Chihuahua", was a popular advertising figure and mascot for the Taco Bell restaurant chain from 1997 to 2000.
- 1998 Godzilla film, the dog tries to trap the monster in a box. He says "Here, lizard lizard lizard!" and then sees Godzilla's actual size. He responds "Uh-oh. I think I need a bigger box" which is a reference to yet another film Jaws. The result is a humorous Godzilla crossover into the fast food marketing with an order too large for the workers to fill.
- 1996 to 2006, Disney partnered exclusively with McDonald's, linking their products together.
- Carl's Jr. and Burger King (see Burger King advertising ), direct advertising towards young teenage and college-age men. Advertising themes trendy, sexualized, imagery and messages which seem to stimulate desire for large, meat-filled burgers and rich, satisfying foods.
- 2005, Carl's Jr. debuted bikini-clad Paris Hilton flouncing about sensuously on an expensive Bentley luxury car while knawing on a juicy burger. Sales climbed dramatically
- Burger King successfully partnered with George Lucas 's Lucasfilm to promote the 1977 movie Star Wars among the first product tie-ins to the fast food industry. Successful campaigns involving Disney 's animated films, including Beauty & the Beast , Toy Story , and the Pokémon franchise in 1999.
- 2005 Under the Personal Responsibility Act, the US House of Representatives absolves fast food interests from litigation by individuals who claim obesity is due directly to fast food consumption.
- 2010 Chick-fil-A took the industry lead in average sales per restaurant, making an average of $2.7 million per restaurant ( McDonald's was second with $2.4 million per restaurant
- McDonald's the fourth-largest advertiser (spending US$957,000,000 on measurable advertisements in 2012) Subway the nineteenth largest (US$516,000,000).
Enter the computer age. As if it is not bad enough we sit at the hearth of the television set for rest and recreation.
- Doh! Television commercials for food and drink increase food and drink consumption
- Doh! The per-capita number of fast-food restaurants doubled between 1972 and 1997
- Doh! Calorie content in foods consumed increased 20% in the late 1980s and 1990s (this coincides with increased number of hours worked by mothers)
- 1977 The first Apple Computer goes on sale
- 1978 Illinois Bell Company introduces first ever Cellular Mobile Phone System
- Space Invaders Launches Craze for Computer Video Games
- The first computer bulletin board system BBS is created
- 98% of all American homes have a television
- 1979 ESPN launches on cable television
You can almost hear the sound of all those permanently softened well-fattened-arses, through years of fast food and television, collectively flopping into their video rockers and gaming chairs
Fast Food TV Ads
Race for the money!
1970 Fast food market reaches $6 billion
2015 Fast Food market exceeds $570 Bilion
Which is over a 10,000 % increase. By the age of 11 most American children view 615 Fast Food television advertisments annually.
Synergetic Marketers Utilize Psychology and Colors to influence decisions.
Nothing is off limits.
One or all tactics employed.
- Mood Colors
- Reverse Psychology
War on Fat may not be won through:
- Consumption of any food, drink
- External Forces
Understand the Rules of War have changed
In 1954, the limbic cortex was described by neuroanatomists as "the Lizard Brain". The limbic system of the brain exists as the seat of emotion, addiction, mood, and other mental and emotional processes.
Synergic Markeyting targets only chaos to turn us into girls and boys who just can't say "N..."
This to overwhelm Control with visual, cerebral, sensory overloads of
- Dis information
- Emotional Overload
Chaos pulls out all stops until we aquiess and say those three Magic words
Just This Once
Which sends Chaos into a state of Nirvana while providing Control the satisfaction of granting permission thus retaining control under an illusion of authority.
Compromise achieved, balance restored.
The only problem is, the whole of we continue to decline.
Which explain why criticism hurts more than compliments help.
The virtual Battleship game ensues.
|Control Side||Chaos Side|
|3 omnipotent hot-air ships||3 omnipotent hot-air ships|
|4 self-absorbed cruisers||4 self-centered cruisers|
|2 introvert submarines||2 exhibitionist submarines|
|1 nudist resents attention destroyer||1 nudist demands attention destroyer|
Chaos seeks the compliment, emotions create upwell of feel-good emotions, simulations and excitement which Chaos bombard enmass into Control's defenses until a sinks three ships and forces the win. It's all good, let those endorphins and the good times roll. Control subdued.
Until the critique.
At which Control bombards into Chaos battlefield a barrage of
- I told you so's
- Negative waves
- Reminders of past failures disappointments
Endorphins extinguished, depression achieved, control restored
And because this is a WAR
Chaos responds with thoughts of chocolate bars and comfort foods reinforced by media input.
Decide Who Decides
THE DECIDER, there can be only one.
Who may be depended upon to always control regardless logic, reason or accountabilty.
The little lawyer of the brain with a bag of tricks bigger than Santa's bottomless bag, and target of Master manipulators,
You, the driver of your own bus. The only one in the trilogy with anything to lose in the battle.
Reset Your Own Memory Matrix
Realize all compromise between the two idiots - control & chaos - thus far are solutions to conflicts using tools available at the moment of past incidences and have no bearing upon current contentions, arguments or conflicts.
The purpose of your original brain matrix was to absorbe new data to intertwine with previous matrix of memories imprints as you grew into adulthood. The matrix serves the mind to suggest appropriate reactions based upon past expeerience. The matrix is neither right or wrong, moral or immoral, it is what it is, a mind map to help us get through each busy day.
No one may control CHAOS. (Who has that kind of time or energy anyway).
Like a prisoner with nothinng to do but plot and scheme for freedom, Chaos memorizes Control's battleship positions.
Over time Chaos learns to tweak controls hold on permissions to weaken resolve or question sanity.
The solution, as usual falls upon middle management.
Seize control Carpe Deim
Historically, the only people allowed to criticize or ridicule the king and queen is the joker.
Assert your inner Jester and advisor to the Queen.
Control allows management temporary permission to perform security upgrades in technological defense strategy and gurilla war defence mechanisms based upon 21st century synergistic battlefield structure.
Become the parent of your own thoughts and impulses.
Ask questions out loud
Make the two idiots play nice.